Thursday, February 10, 2011

Mickey Mouse, here I come!!

So I officially got accepted to the Disney College Program for Fall Advantage 2011 as a Lifeguard!! :) I got the email yesterday after 18 days of waiting. It came around 8am. I was really bummed about getting the role of Lifeguard and wished I hadn't checked it off because I've never been a lifeguard and the idea of having to save people scared me. But I've decided it will be fun once I get used to how to do things and it's probably actually a really good role. The hours are going to be very normal and I'll probably be home every night which makes me happy :) I do have to take a swim test when I get there. It consists of swimming 200 yards (8 laps), picking up a 10 lb brick from 8 ft deep water and bringing it to the surface, and treading water for 2 minutes without your hands. So I'm going to start swimming again (I was on the swim team for 3 years in high school) and practicing for the test! So that's about all the news I have for now.

I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!
 See Ya Real Soon!!

4 comments:

  1. I think lifeguard sounds really cool!! We're going to have tons of fun no matter what our job ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisa!
    I just found your blog from the DISboards (my username there is BethEJo).
    Congratulations on getting lifeguard! I am from the UK, and I'll be doing the International College program, and I'll be an attractions CM. I can't wait!
    I checkin on June 19th, so just a little while after you!
    Your blog is great! I also have a blog at: http://beth-john.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I just subscribed to your blog! :) Hopefully we can meet in Disney!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! The swim test sounds tough, but I'm glad they have one like that! It's good to know they pick people able to do it! =)
    I'm sure you'll have a blast regardless your position. Doing the DCP is AMAZING (hence why I'm going back a third time hahaha)

    ReplyDelete