Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Disney at Uconn-Semester in Review


Members of Disney at Uconn


Now that the Fall semester is over, I finally have time to update my blog. I'm gonna start by saying there's only 23 more days until I can apply for the College Program and I'm sooo excited!! :) Pretty soon I'll have more to talk about on my blog because the application process will finally start! Today I went through the binder I put together with my papers from the Disney at Uconn club I joined which went fabulously by the way!! I was kind of nervous about joining a club since the only activity I've done in college is orchestra (which is required of me as a music major) but I'm so glad I did join!

The first meeting was sharing Disney stories and they told us all about the college program and what roles there were. Then we had another meeting about the application process which was super helpful. The girls who run the club are going to Disney in January for Spring 2011 and they put together a really helpful powerpoint going over the questions they were asked during the phone interview (which they wrote down so they would remember them) and how we should prepare for them. I'll post the information from that in a separate post because I'm sure it might help anyone reading this as well.

There were a few meetings I didn't go to because they were doing things like voting for elections (which I would have loved to participate in but I'm a senior and didn't see the point in trying for a position when I wouldn't even be there for a year) or talking about how to get college credits through Uconn which didn't apply to me either since I'm graduating. What I did go to were the bonding nights we had. I missed one of them because I had to study for exams but I attended 2 of the other bonding nights as well as the Disney themed fundraiser we did!

The bonding nights were usually themed. The first one I went to was "Disney at Uconn's Not So Scary Halloween Party". We ended up coming in costumes (I was a cat, some people went with nondisney costumes and a lot went with disney costumes. tinkerbell, indiana jones, and minnie mouse were all there!), watching Halloweentown, tye dying tshirts (my first time!), and eating candy! :) It was so much fun and made me happy knowing I had found people at my school who also love Disney. The other bonding night I went to was "Disney at Uconn's Very Merry Christmas Party". At this meeting, we listened to Disney Christmas Music, made gingerbread men, and picked presents out of a grab bag. I got Disney fruit snacks lol.

The other event I also participated in was the "Disney at Uconn's Bibbidi Bobbidi Nail Boutique". I volunteered and showed up to paint nails. It was $5 for people to get their nails painted. I had a lot of fun and got to talk to the other group members more which was nice.

Anyways, next semester should be even better since a bunch of us will be applying for next Fall! We can (hopefully) celebrate our acceptances together! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment