Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Oh my gosh.....

I really stink at these blog posts!! :/ I can't believe it has been over a month since I last posted. I'm going to try to recap everything for you all and I promise I will try and get better about posting!

Work has been really great, I still love my location just as much as I did when I first started :) The days are long and my feet hurt a lot at the beginning but I promise you get used to it! My feet definitely don't hurt as much now haha. I love my managers and I feel so lucky to be on Main Street where I can see the parades and fireworks happen. Last week I was deployed to Adventureland (working at Pirates and Island Supply) and while it was cool to try something new it definitely wasn't Main Street and by the end of the week I was more than ready to go back! So besides being deployed work is pretty much the same everyday. Occasionally something memorable will happen like when I gave a baby a sticker and he blew me a kiss as his way of saying thank you or when I have a full 5 minute conversation with a little girl about Pez dispensers (lol) or the scariest one where a kid decided to eat a sticker and started choking on it and no one knew what to do (he was ok, I guess he swallowed it but the family was not happy that no one tried to help.)

Anyways, yesterday was pretty cool at work because I had a special meeting :) A bunch of us CP's had a meeting with 2 of the managers. Steve is like a big kid and when we walked in he was playing the 25th anniversary park music on his laptop lol. I thought the meeting was going to be boring but it turned out being really cool. There were 3 ICPs (International College Program) in my meeting, one was from China and 2 were from France. It was really cool hearing how America was so different from their own countries and hearing about why they decided to come to Florida to do the college program. One of the really cool things about this program is that you'll meet people from everywhere :) During the meeting we also talked about how to make the CP better in the future, what advice we would give people, and played Disney Trivia 20 questions and won prizes!! :D We also got to sample some treats from the Confectionery, yummmm. The last thing we did was go out on Main Street and got a group photo in front of the casting door. It was really fun and a great break from regular work.

On my days off I've been doing 2 things, I either run errands all day and go grocery shopping or I go to the parks for free. For the past 5 weeks I've been getting Thursdays and Fridays off so I usually use one day for errands and one for parks (but I only run errands every other week so some weeks I go to the parks both days haha) It's really fun and I love being able to go on my days off. Some things that stick out in my mind are going on Rockin Roller Coaster 3 times in a row with Rebecca (one of my roomies) by going through the single rider line, going to the animation building and learning how to draw Piglet, and meeting my friend Donald in Epcot <3 I also have my seasonal pass for Universal which I'm still trying to make use of haha. I can't find anyone to go with so I might just end up going by myself and having a good time!

So that's about it for work and days off. Occasionally I'll do something before or after work if I have time but usually I like to relax when I have the time. On the 4th of July I worked but not until 3 so I ended up going to the pool before work with Rebecca and having lunch afterwards before work which was really nice. Then one night I got out of work at 8 and it was my friend Kelley's birthday so I changed my clothes and met her and Edward (they both also work on Main Street East) and went on rides until 11:30 at night (sooo fun.) Then last night my cousin was in Orlando and after work I took the monorail and met her at the Grand Floridian for dinner and we got to see the fireworks from there too. It was really nice and I had a good time. I love taking the monorail from work and just riding around because I can! :)

I hope this kind of recapped my program so far. Please comment if you feel like I've left anything out or want to know more :) I'd love to take requests on ideas for blog posts so I can post more often. I promise I will!! Until next time <3 Have a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment